Subscribe to Our Newsletter.
Account Executive, Publisher Partnerships.
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is the leading product discovery platform for publishers and brands. Our award-winning solution allows users to discover and purchase products on the publisher sites they visit daily. We provide 2500+ merchants and retailers with unmatched exposure through product listings and shoppable articles. For publishers, we power white-labeled e-commerce shops with on-site checkout for readers. We’ve helped over 1,000 publishers monetize with commerce, including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and more.
The Account Executive will be responsible for sourcing, developing and closing publisher partnerships.This will include building and managing a pipeline of qualified publisher partners, evaluating new business models and deal structures to help grow our publisher book of business and closing new deals. This person must be self-motivated, analytical, possess strong communication skills, and be revenue focused. This is a high impact role that will come with large expectations. We’re looking for a high achiever.
What you’ll do:
- Source. Help us identify eligible media properties that are a fit for Stack’s commerce monetization strategy. Be a “hunter” for new revenue.
- Close. Develop strategic relationships with web publishers, media companies, content sites, to drive adoption of the Stack’s publisher platform and increase revenue. Build and execute long term vertical strategies.
- Analyze. Identify new potential partners in core and experimental vertical areas. Lead the negotiation process for our potential new partners.
What You’ll Bring:
- Deep knowledge in media, tech, and eCommerce/affiliate industries (and their intersection).
- 5 to 7 years experience in business development and sales, preferably in the digital media/e-commerce/affiliate space. Experience in affiliate, ad-tech or publisher platform sales is key.
- Existing relations with industry players and partners is a plus but not required.
- A willingness to grind. You leave no stone unturned in seeking out meaningful partnership targets.
- A strong bias for action and getting things done, both individually and within the team.
- Excellent communication skills. Your emails are well-constructed and you know how to tell a story on the phone.
- Revenue focused and comfortable “owning” a sales target.
- Experience using tools like Salesforce a must.
- Proven track record in successfully developing partnerships, closing deals and exceeding quarterly revenue goals.
- Proven success in the online publishing space is a huge plus.
- Experience at a top-tier start-up, large consumer Internet/eCommerce or media company.
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better — and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Remote-Team Interview: You’ll be meeting with 2-3 team members on separate video calls. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know one of our senior executives over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Competitive Compensation Package: Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success
- Events: Happy hours, company trips, team bonding budgets and team culture events (even while remote!)
By the numbers…
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.