Subscribe to Our Newsletter.
Director of Affiliate Sales and Account Management.
BrandCycle Inc. is a premium publisher network that represents more than 5,000 bloggers, content creators and social media influencers who use short-form content and strategic deals to convert today’s shoppers. Our proprietary technology delivers exclusive affiliate and paid campaigns to publishers in a streamlined, easy-to-use way. BrandCycle is integrated with 600 of the top brand affiliate programs, including Coach, Kate Spade, Nordstrom, Target, Converse, Crocs and Michael Kors. In December 2021, BrandCycle was acquired by StackCommerce, the leader in commerce content for publishers.
BrandCycle is looking to hire a Director of Affiliate Sales and Account Management for a 100% remote position. This role is responsible for the overall success of our Brand Partnerships team, which works with brands and retailers to find, foster and grow performance-driven affiliate campaigns and paid influencer collaborations. This is a great opportunity to get in with a fast-growing team at a pivotal time in the company’s growth. This role will be reporting directly to the VP, Platform and Brand Partnerships.
Please note that we will not be conducting interviews for this position until early October.
What You’ll Do:
- Brand Strategy & Goal Setting: Set annual, quarterly and monthly sales goals for the Brand Partnerships team to hit company-wide gross and net profit goals. Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve multimillion-dollar sales targets.
- Leadership Reporting & Maintain Team Success: Communicate sales goals and progress on those goals to the BrandCycle and StackCommerce leadership teams. Anticipate and solve problems both within your key accounts as well as the accounts of other brand managers. Pinpoint roadblocks to achieving team goals and work with VP to overcome.
- Brand Management: Build and nurture individual and team sales pipeline. Build your own book of business and act as relationship lead for key retailer accounts.
- Team Management: Run the day-to-day operations of the Brand Partnerships team. Act as the motivating core for sales, account managers and coordinators.
- Brand Team Growth: Work with the VP to grow our sales staff and opportunities. Conduct job candidate interviews and trainings. Ensure existing team members’ morale is high and opportunities are growing.
- Brand Team Collateral: Create sales pitches, collateral and supporting materials for personal and team use. Effectively communicate BrandCycle’s value proposition and opportunities through these resources.
- Thought Leadership: Represent Brand Partnerships team at influencer and affiliate conferences and events.
The Ideal Candidate Is:
- A Proven Leader
- Highly entrepreneurial and has experience leading a sales and account team.
- Highly effective at communicating with team members in a remote environment and is comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
- Thrives in a fast-paced company environment and enjoys wearing many hats.
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to proactively solve problems on their own.
- A Go-Getter
- Has a naturally competitive mindset and is motivated by securing new business.
- Thrives on being able to create win/win scenarios for our brand and influencer communities.
- An excellent communicator who is energetic and can easily deal with new or difficult situations.
- Has a proven track record of developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders.
- A self-starter who can independently manage relationships end-to-end with very little oversight.
- Goals Driven
- Detail and deadline driven and operates well under pressure.
- Highly analytical and enjoys the challenge of reaching and exceeding revenue goals.
- Understands KPIs and other key business metrics to measure success.
- Quick thinking and strategic. Uses analytics to continually identify new brand opportunities and build a sales pipeline.
- A Fast-Learner
- Interested in the digital marketing and e-commerce spaces and up-to-speed on the latest trends.
- Comfortable with and thrives using new and emerging technology and media channels.
- A creative thinker who is excited to learn and used to “figuring it out” to produce superior results.
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in affiliate manager or director-level position
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales and/or business development
- Knowledge of affiliate networks and SaaS platforms (Impact, Commission Junction, Partnerize, Awin, Rakuten, AvantLink, Tune, etc.)
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish. Has an existing rolodex of relationships.
- Experience in hiring and training a sales team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience with Zoho, a plus
- Experience with Mailchimp, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree, a plus
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better — and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Remote-Team Interview: You’ll be meeting with 2-3 team members on a video call. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know one of our senior executives over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Our overall compensation and rewards package includes base pay, bonus or commission, and a variety of benefits. Base pay is determined within a range that allows you the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The anticipated annualized salary range for this role is $111,079 – $146,270 (this range may be modified in the future based on changing market conditions). Your initial base pay will be determined based on several factors, including demonstrated skills, relevant education or training, experience, qualifications, travel requirements, and job location.
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Health Benefits: We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- 401K: Eligible on your first day of employment.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind with unlimited PTO, plus an office closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Generous Parental Leave Program: 12 weeks of paid pregnancy disability and baby bonding leave, as well as 4 weeks of paid paternity leave that must be taken within the first six months of the birth.
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more.
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success.
- Events: Happy hours, team bonding budgets and culture events (even while remote!) and an annual company offsite.
By the numbers…
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQIA+, GNC, and NB individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
StackCommerce is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.