Subscribe to Our Newsletter.
Executive Editor, Commerce.
The Arena Group is seeking an Executive Editor, Commerce to play a key role in building our centralized commerce team’s content strategy across Men’s Journal, The Street, Sports Illustrated, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit, Parade, and more. The ideal candidate will have proven editorial experience in both news/trends and evergreen for a range of lifestyle/commerce topics, including home, style, fitness, travel, beauty, tech, and more.
If hired, you would be responsible for the day-to-day operations and strategy of the commerce content desk. Duties will include approving and assigning daily pitches, editing new content, updating and optimizing existing content, maintaining an edit calendar, writing punchy headlines, and strategizing around tentpole events. The ideal candidate has experience leading commerce content in a high-volume, fast-paced competitive environment. Must be willing to work nights and weekends as necessary. This position reports to the Senior Director, Strategy and Content, Commerce.
The Arena Group’s expected annualized base salary range for this position is currently $125,000 – $150,000. Actual salaries will vary based on multiple factors including, but not limited to location, education, experience and other factors permitted by law. The listed salary range is but one component of The Arena Group’s total compensation and benefits available to its employees.
Please note: due to the volume of applications we receive, only applicants selected for consideration will be contacted.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain daily production by approving pitches and assigning stories
- Edit the commerce team’s stories, including short news and deals posts, trending roundups, and evergreen SEO stories that deliver best-in-class commerce reviews and recommendations
- Edit clear, compelling, voice-y and accurate stories on tight deadlines
- Use analytics & research tools such as Trackonomics, Google Analytics, Google Trends, Ahrefs, Parsley, etc. to monitor story and section performance
- Identify existing stories in need of updates to make sure the content is recent, accurate, and delivering useful service to our readers
- Work closely with team members on writing, providing edit feedback and working with writers as needed
- Write stories and produce newsletters as needed
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced digital environment with increasing editing/assigning responsibilities, ideally 3+ years in the commerce space
- Knowledge of digital content best practices, like SEO, AP Style, and data interpretation
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Ability to write and edit fast, without compromising factual information or brand integrity
- A sense of fun, urgency, and a can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
Snapshot of Benefits
- Medical, Dental and, Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K), with company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company – AREN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
The Arena Group (NYSE American: AREN) is an innovative technology platform and media company with a proven cutting-edge playbook that transforms media brands. Our unified technology platform empowers creators and publishers with tools to publish and monetize their content, while also leveraging quality journalism of anchor brands like Sports Illustrated, TheStreet, Parade, Men’s Journal, and HubPages to build their businesses. The company aggregates content across a diverse portfolio of over 265 brands, reaching over 100 million users monthly. Visit us at thearenagroup.net and discover how we are revolutionizing the world of digital media.
The Arena Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.