Effective January 23, 2023
- We may collect Personally Identifiable Information (as defined below) from users of our Website when it is voluntarily provided to us by you, such as through the Contact Us or Sign Up portions of the Website (see “Information We Collect Directly From You”).
- We automatically collect some information from users of our Website for analytical purposes and to enhance our Website (see “Information We Collect From You Automatically”).
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF CALIFORNIA, VIRGINIA AND CERTAIN OTHER STATES WITH ADDITIONAL RIGHTS BY APPLICABLE LAW, PLEASE SEE THE SECTION “STATE CONSUMER RIGHTS” FOR SPECIFIC DISCLOSURES WITH RESPECT TO OUR COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION AND ADDITIONAL RIGHTS YOU HAVE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Information We Collect Directly From You
We may collect information, including Personally Identifiable Information such your name and email address, when you provide such information to us directly, such as when you sign up to receive our newsletters and event invitations. Your provision of your Personally Identifiable Information to us is completely voluntary. “Personally Identifiable Information” is information that specifically identifies you as an individual, such as your email address. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information from you unless you submit that information to us.
Information We Collect Automatically Or From Other Sources
We may use your information to match it with other public and private data sources in order to enhance our records, such as appending additional information to your profile. We may also collect your information when you choose to make it available through other platforms, such as when interacting with us or registering for one of our events through a conference/messaging platform.
We may work with third-party service providers, such as Google, who use the technologies described in this section to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Website. For information about Google Analytics please click on this link. To opt-out of Google Analytics, please copy and paste “tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout” into your browser and download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personally Identifiable Information and other information as described herein including for the following purposes:
- to contact you about our services and events, or those of third parties that we believe might be of interest to you (but we will not provide your Personally Identifiable Information directly to such third parties for them to contact you themselves unless you have provided your consent),
- to personalize your experience with us,
- to respond to your direct inquiries,
- to add you to our mailing lists and send you newsletters and alerts from time to time,
- to maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website,
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations,
- to target you with advertising messages on other platforms, such as on a social media service,
- as described to you at the point of collection of your information, and
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred
We also may work with other providers who also possess your information in order to deliver advertising messages, such as sharing your personal information with a third party who also has your personal information in order to enhance one or both of our services provided to you.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
As noted above, we may collect information that is not Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”). We may aggregate or de-identify Personally Identifiable Information so that the information does not personally identify you or anyone else directly. Because Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregate or de-identified information, does not personally identify you directly, we may collect, use and disclose Non-Personally Identifiable Information for any purpose permitted by law and subject to the section titled “State Consumer Notice”. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information. If we combine any Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personally Identifiable Information.
How We Share Your Information
Besides using your Personally Identifiable Information ourselves, we may send your Personally Identifiable Information and other information to other companies, affiliates and third parties in the following instances:
- Service Providers We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties who may use your information to provide us services such as website hosting and event coordinators. These third parties are only authorized by us to use your Personally Identifiable Information to perform their functions for us.
- Legal Compliance and to Defend Our Rights We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information and other information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and policies; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Business Transfers We may share your Personally Identifiable Information and other information with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, acquisition or divestiture.
Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses of your Personally Identifiable Information, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a manner consistent with that consent.
The security of your Personally Identifiable Information is very important to us. When we collect your Personally Identifiable Information online, we use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your Personally Identifiable Information will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of our Website demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with the Website and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your information, we may continue to retain and use anonymous or aggregated data previously collected. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Other Websites and Social Networking Services
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party websites, apps or services from within the Website, such as social media platforms. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party sites, and by providing a link we are not endorsing or promoting such third party sites. When you navigate away from our Website, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every website, app or service you visit.
To opt-out of any future promotional messages from us, you should send an unsubscribe request to us at email@example.com. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Please note that if you opt out in this manner, certain aspects of the Website may no longer be available to you.
Changes to Policy
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time, provided that any such modifications will only be applied prospectively. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any changes to this policy means you accept such changes.
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage in the United States
Our Website is maintained in the United States of America. If you are located outside the U.S., by using the Website, you authorize the export of your information to the U.S. and its storage and use as specified in this policy. You understand that data stored in the USA may be subject to lawful requests by the courts or law enforcement authorities in the USA.
State Consumer Notice
This section only applies to residents of California when the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act and certain other state laws apply to both Martech Record and you (“State Privacy Laws”).
We collect information (some of which may also constitute Personally Identifiable Information) that identifies, relates to, describes, references, or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. State Privacy Law refers to such information as “personal information” (and also personal data). If you are a resident of an applicable state, State Privacy Law provides you with specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes the rights that such consumers may have and explains how to exercise those rights.
Information We Collect; How We Collect It; How We Use It
Information about our data collection during the prior 12 months is described below.
In addition to the purposes set forth in the above chart, each of these categories of personal information may be collected and used as otherwise described in “How We Use Your Information” above.
We do not “sell” (as defined under the CCPA) your personal information.
Right to Know About Personal Information
As a consumer, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, disclosure or sale of your personal information over the past 12 months and data portability rights. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Exercising Access and Deletion Rights”), and subject to certain limitations that we describe below, we will disclose such information. You have the right to request any or all of the following
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Exercising Access and Deletion Rights”), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. However, we maybe retain personal information that has been de-identified or aggregated. Furthermore, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) in order to perform certain actions set forth under State Privacy Laws, such as detecting security incidents and protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity.
You have the right to ask us to correct your personal information. To exercise this right, please submit a request to us by emailing us at email@example.com.
Exercising Access and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a request to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or a person or business entity you authorize to act on your behalf (an “authorized agent”), may make the requests set forth above. The request should include your contact information and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. In addition, you should provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected the personal information or an authorized representative of that person, such as emailing us from the email address we maintain from you. The method and information required may vary based upon your specific request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights herein, and we do not offer financial incentives for your personal information.